One of our clients has the following position available:
Job Title: Controller
Location: Guangzhou, CN, south suburban area
Reports To: Vice President Finance in USA, indirectly to local Plant Manager
Parent company is a SME, USA based, manufacturer and marketer of medical equipment with worldwide sales.
• Coordinate the activities of the China accounting/reporting with that of the U.S. facility; build bridges,
• Responsible for finance and budgets and human resources
• Provide Western levels of reporting and cost data
• Participate in cost reduction programs between China and U.S. to maximize corporate wide profitability,
• Develop the Guangzhou organization, through setting up controls and procedures and to be able to respond to current as well as future needs,
• Establish a continuous improvement culture.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or equivalent experience.
• 10 years’ experience with at least 2-3 in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of ERP systems and Bills of Material
• Knowledge of standard costing
• Familiar with VAT and general taxation in China
• International business experience helpful (WOFE)
• Strong sense and awareness of functioning in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment.
• A proven track record of achieving established operational goals and targets
The strongest candidate will be able to speak English and Mandarin, having worked in a sourcing/manufacturing operations environment and at least 2-3 years in a leadership role .
Key attributes include high energy, strong analytical and problem solving skills and results-driven with strong leadership and communication skills. A passion for delivering extraordinary results and the ability to manage several different dimensions of an operation are required skills for success in this position. The Controller must possess sound business and financial knowledge as well as the ability to effectively work with people at all levels of the organization on an international basis.
To apply, please send your resume and compensation requirements to: HR@ Ops-Asia.com
Your interest will be treated in strict confidence. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.