Our client needs an Operations Manager for a small start-up WFOE, candidates must have good background in American Company style operations and management and working in China:
- Job Title: Operations Manager, Guangzhou area, CN
Reports To: Executive Vice President in USA
Parent company is a SME, USA based, manufacturer and marketer of medical equipment with worldwide sales.
- Coordinate the activities of the China facility with that of the U.S. facility; build bridges,
- P&L responsibility for the China operation,
- Responsible for budgets, division-wide operation, finance, human resources, quality, engineering, supply chain and manufacturing operations,
- Provide Western levels of product quality and processes; including ISO/cGMP and quality and regulatory requirements reflective of the industry
- Participate in cost reduction programs between China and U.S. to maximize corporate wide profitability,
- Develop a Global Sourcing team and group of suppliers to purchase parts as required by U.S.
- Develop the Guangzhou organization, through hiring and internal skills development, to be able to respond to current as well as future needs,
- A proven track record of achieving established operational goals and financial targets,
- Establish a continuous improvement culture.
A minimum of Bachelors Degree in Business, Science, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of ten years performing senior management level work in an industrial/manufacturing environment,
- Experienced with living and working in China on a full-time basis,
- Strong sense and awareness of functioning in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment.
The strongest candidate will be able to speak English and basic Mandarin, 8-10 years of sourcing/manufacturing operations experience and at least 2-3 years in a leadership role in a sourcing/manufacturing environment.
Key attributes include high energy, strong analytical and problem solving skills and results-driven manager with strong leadership and communication skills. A passion for delivering extraordinary results and the ability to manage several different dimensions of an operation are required skills for success in this position. The General Manager must possess sound business knowledge as well as the ability to effectively work with people at all levels of the organization on an international basis.
- To apply, please send your resume and compensation requirments to: HR@ops-asia.com
- Your interest will be treated in strict confidence. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.